New to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzoeller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum today.

My mom had a number of aquariums when I was a kid. It was great fun! I had an aquarium for a couple of years in the 2000s, but not since 2010, and it wasn't much.

My family draws names for a Christmas swap and, when asked what I wanted, I asked for an aquarium set-up. BAM! I now have a 10 gallon Topfin setup, stocked with 5 neon tetras and 2 cory cats.

I never knew anything about cycling a tank, and had been reading up on it. It took about 3 weeks for the water to level out. I added the fish and immediately, ich showed up. So, I ran up the temp in the tank for several days and, five days after returning it to normal temp, no ich - yet.

I am hoping to learn more about keeping fish happy and healthy. So, please be gentle when I ask stupid questions! lol

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum today.

My mom had a number of aquariums when I was a kid. It was great fun! I had an aquarium for a couple of years in the 2000s, but not since 2010, and it wasn't much.

My family draws names for a Christmas swap and, when asked what I wanted, I asked for an aquarium set-up. BAM! I now have a 10 gallon Topfin setup, stocked with 5 neon tetras and 2 cory cats.

I never knew anything about cycling a tank, and had been reading up on it. It took about 3 weeks for the water to level out. I added the fish and immediately, ich showed up. So, I ran up the temp in the tank for several days and, five days after returning it to normal temp, no ich - yet.

I am hoping to learn more about keeping fish happy and healthy. So, please be gentle when I ask stupid questions! lol

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of people here willing to share their experiences. And there are no stupid questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom