New to the hobby: Cycling questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adding more fish will add more ammonia, causing you to do more water changes, and if you do more water changes to keep the ammonia down, whats the point of adding more fish? Bad advice from your LFS, IMO. Dont worry. You will get there. Test every other day, so it doesn't seem so tedious and slow!

Just wondering: What kind of test kit are you using? Are you sure you're using it properly.... I remember reading a topic earlier where someone with a chemical test kit did not add both nitrite testing reagents and kept on coming up with zero for nitrites. You might want to check over the directions....

I am using the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, INC. nitrite test kit. There is only one bottle of test solution and I have followed the directions. I finally was able to order some Bio-Spira and hopefully it will help with the cycle. So far, nobody online or in-person has been able to come up with a solution to my cycling dilema.

Back
Top Bottom