New to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
What all do I need to get started on a 40g fish and coral tank??? Help please

staticmap

Attachments

• image-2091181370.jpg
    image-2091181370.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 101
I have what you see in the pic plus a 40g heater and one of those under water fan things plus instant ocean I don't think that skimmer hanging I. The left side is working properly

A pic and a description would help on the things I need cause the last tank I helped with had everything in it I needed but it wasn't my tank and I don't wanna ask a worker from the fish store cause he might stick me in the side

It looks as though you have a couple of power filters and a HOB canister filter. It also looks like a part of the tank's top rim is missing. I'm not sure I'd trust the tank in that situation.

You'll need a refractometer or hydrometer and at least ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH test kits. For corals, kH, calcium, phosphate, and magnesium are also a good idea.

If you want corals, you'll need to invest in a good light. Initially, The least expensive viable option (generally speaking) would be a 4 bulb T5 HO light.

Canisters are also a bit of a pain to maintain a reef with since keeping them clean is paramount to controlling nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom