new wet dry filter / nitrate question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambler67

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i just set up a new wet dry filter about 2 weeks ago now the nitrates and ammonia is high. Should i just wait and let it cycles itself or so i start doing water changes to get it back down. It is a 90 gallon fish only tank with just a couple of fish in it. Thanks for the help.

i have a pinktail trigger and a dragon wrasse and a snow flake ell. I have been doing weekly water changes but they are still high since i set up the new filter.

maby try doing twice a week or so i think the high levels may stress your fish and could cause some loss for you. try to keep the levels down and c how it goes. where did u get the filter from

how clean is the filter try cleaning the filter this may help get the nitrate down as for the amonia keep waterchange

humm just keep waterchanging then try and keep the amonia as low as u can as for nitrates its fine if its not 0ppm but not to heigh obv lol

It sounds like your system is going thru a mini cycle, each time you do a water change you start the cycle over again, wait unit the numbers progress to 0, then water change.

Back
Top Bottom