New Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayinked

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just added another fish to the tank, he is a lunar Wrasse. Ill try to get a better pic later, he is fast and hard to get a good pic of. Most of time he is under the LR. Cool fish to watch

Attachments

• new fish 001.jpg
    new fish 001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 220
i had one put i moved it into my fuge because it was having snails for lunch.

He looks very nice. One word of caution. They are jumpers so be careful and keep an eye out.

What would be a good diet for this guy? When I added him to the tank , the sailfin Tang did'nt like it one bit, and had to try corner him and show who was boss. The Wrasse was very active at first, fast swimmer. The past few days I only see him out a couple times a day. Really likes the LR and all the room to swim.

well mine eats anything from flakes to meaty food if you have snails you might want to make sure it dont eat them.

Thanks for info here is another pic

Attachments

• new fish 001.jpg
    new fish 001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 198
  • new fish 002.jpg
    new fish 002.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 191
Wrasse Missing In Action, Don't know if he is just hiding under a rock or is gone. Lion Fish has been slow swimming past two days, Wrasse might have been a steak dinner for the Lion Fish. Ill keep looking

Ahh, I hope your lion didn't eat your wrasse, it is a cool looking fish and I'm hoping to get one soon.

Well it is offical, the Lion fish did eat my Wrasse. They got along for two days. I could'nt take it I move the Lr around in tank and no sign of the Wrasse. I did'nt even get to see the feast, that was a 20$ meal oh well it was a cool fish while I had him.

Wrasses are jumpers. You might find it outside the tank in the floor or overflow if you have one.

No he did'nt jump out, I have class tops and plastic gaurd to seal the top, If the EEl has'nt been able to get out the wrasse should'nt either. Checked the sump and floor around tank no sign. I have'nt hooked up new overflow yet. I thought he was under the LR!! Been two days no sign

Just hard for me to believe that the lion fish swallow that wrasse. Hopefully you`ll find him.

Well It has got worse, the lion fish was in QT yesterday and he died last night. I think he ate the Wrasse and it was to much for him to digest!! LionFish was inattive for two days and would'nt eat, this has never happend in the 2 1/2 years I have had him. So now I am out a Wrasse and a Lion fish!! I am going to hold off for now on buying anything new replacing the lionfish, later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom