New!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nf37

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I have been a lurker to this site for about 4 monthes and picked up the hobby about 4 monthes ago as well. I seen my friends 100 gallon and that got me very interested in this hobby. I literally lost track of time as I was sitting at his house and watching all the fish go about their day. I told the wife I had to get one started and here I am.

That same friend set me up with a 38 gallon tank. I decided not to get to carried away and only wanted to do a FOWLR. So my friend also hooked me up with a few pounds of live rock, roughly 40 lbs of live sand, filled my tank with RO/DI water, gave me half a tub of salt, and a bunch of advice. I got all of that for a really good price and was really happy.

So I did some research and found out that a 38 gallon is a baby saltwater tank and I wouldnt be able to get all the neat fish he had :sad:. Nonetheless, I figured that would be a good learning experience to start with at least to see if the hobby is for me. Well, now I'm hooked and I want to upgrade from this 38 gallon tank to either a 55 gallon, 75 gallon, or a 90 gallon, given the price is right.

So I finally decided to register here because I know I will have alot of questions in the near future, and it's always nice to hear others experiences or advice.

Thanks!

Nick

Welcome to the site!!! :D

I'm sure as you ask questions and talk to the members from AA you will realize what a great site this is- the people are always friendly, helpful, and super nice! :)

if 38G is a baby i've got a fetus at only 14G!

welcome to AA!

look around on craigslist to find low prices on tanks

Back
Top Bottom