newbie and new fish grandma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadyside reef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, don't know if I'm posting in the right place. I have started a guppy aquarium and after a few tragic deat:fish1:hs, I think I have nailed it. I've had 3 sets of fry. First ones caught me by surprise and in my panic I moved them all and killed them. Second set again I missed but picked up 2 from the filter. Third set I ummed and aahed about moving mum and missed them again but have caught 3. So I have 5 gorgeous little fry babies swimming around in a modified lettuce container clipped on the side of the tank. I'm a very proud grandma right now. My kids and hubby think I'm crazy, but I'm having a ball.:fish2:

Congrats on the fry :) The good news is guppies will give you more practice ;)

I'm the same, I keep mollies really just for the few fry that come in every so often.

Hi there, I'm also a guppy fanatic now. I've had two sets of fry so far, the first lot was a total of 3, saved two (about two months old now) the other little guy i couldn't reach before the others got to him:( The second lot, i missed the birthing by about an hour and when I realized there was just five. So a total of 7 guppy fry live happily in their own small tank now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395239185.185333.jpg thats one of the older fry. Have two more guppies ready to pop any day now too, can't wait

You'll get use to noticing when they are ready.. I've had 2 lots now since starting.. Well 2 that I know of.. I now have 49 little beauties swimming happily in their own tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395321085.481287.jpg
She really looks like she's going to explode now, each time I come back to to check has she had any fry yet, I'm shocked by how big she's gotten haha. Has to be soon now

Back
Top Bottom