Newbie Hornwart problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazerFRS

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I recently added a decent sized hornwart bunch to my tank with 1 1/3 wpg of light. It was added about week and a half, two weeks ago, and now the bottom is turning brown, while the parts floating in the tanks appear healthy. I added a few seachem root tabs to the substrate (just epoxy coated gravel) when the hornwart was planted. Any ideas on how to help the hornwart out? I was originally looking to gt some java fern, but the lfs was out of stock; perhaps this would be a better match to my tank?

TIA

hornwort doesn't like being 'planted'. its typically tied or stapled to driftwood, or allowed to float as more of a surface plant.

I have some hornwort in 2 ponds outside now and when I put it in I could hold it in my hand, now I could cover my entire body with it. It likes to float and it also turns brown if there isn't enough light. Also in an aquarium it will be a light green color and in a pond outside with natural light it will be a very nice dark green.

Back
Top Bottom