The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danidori

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just recently started a 5 gallon tank. It was an impulsive buy to be completely honest but now I'm obsessed and loving the new hobby. I currently have one crown tail male beta and 2 cobra finned guppies and two danios. I definitely still have a lot to learn. I think I've started off pretty good though. I've got a filter, oxygen pump, a heater and a thermometer to make sure the temperature is right. I have ph testers and have been making sure the tank is clean. I also have a small anuabis plant in there. The tank is able to get plenty of sunlight during the day. The first day I put the two danios on they were nipping at my guppies but now they seem to be getting a long just fine. I am worried about my small danio not getting enough food though. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for reading. [emoji2]

Hiya!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the hobby, I'm fairly new to it too and I'm loving it! Just a few questions, did you cycle the tank before adding fish? If not you'll need to know about how to cycle your tank with your fish in.

I would also recommend getting yourself a liquid test kit, like the API master freshwater test kit. It's definitely a must have as you'll need to know and keep track of your tanks ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels :) not just the PH ones.

You've come to the right place to get advice, I've learnt a lot being on here!

I didn't cyle it for too long before putting the Betta in but for the other fish yes. And thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom