newborn bamboo shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mountaindew

Aquarium Advice Regular
my shark has just hatched and I wanted to know if there is any special foods to feed it and if there is a special way to go about that

Attachments

• my_pictures_058_897.jpg
    my_pictures_058_897.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 104
Meaty foods like shrimp, scallops, feeder fish around 3-4 times a week. Oh, and atleast a 180 gallon tank, cause they'll get about 3 and a half feet long. No other fish or shrimp/snails/crabs either.

He may never eat and eventually starve to death. I used to have a White Spotted bamboo and before i got him a did a lot of research about them. A lot of baby sharks that hatch in captivity will never begin feeding and die. They don't really know why, but probably because they are not in their natural environment. Its best to spend the extra money and buy a tank raised juvenile that is already feeding. Your best bet is krill, or small peices of lance fish. You should be able to buy them frozen at your LFS. I used to hand feed mine he was great and eventually they get used to eating out of your hand and aren't to agressive about grabbing the food from you. If you don't want to do that you can get long tongs. Good luck.

IMO Sharks are something best left in the ocean. There are so many problems with them and the least is a huge tank.

Back
Top Bottom