Newly planted tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djbrefik

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 3 weeks in to a fish in cycle of a planted tank. 1 male and 2 female threadfin rainbows are in there now with more threadfin on the way and some shrimp. Any ideas are welcome as I am completely new to planted tanks. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404431956945.jpg
    1404431956945.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 116
No co2 but I am using excel. I dont want to do too much until the tank is fully cycled.

Just an inexpensive led light. You can purchase individual pods for it. I have one blue and 3 plant growth pods installed right now. Its only a 10 gallon tank so I think that will be sufficient. Low maintenance is what I'm going for.

Sounds like you're looking for approval more than help so let me be first

Love it!! Everything is fine

Congratulations :)

Just an inexpensive led light. You can purchase individual pods for it. I have one blue and 3 plant growth pods installed right now. Its only a 10 gallon tank so I think that will be sufficient. Low maintenance is what I'm going for.

Lighting dictates to you how much maintenance is involved not the other way around unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I dont need approval. Just advice and input. And yes that is dwarf baby tears.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think the dwarf baby tears are going to survive long in those conditions. They require high to moderate light, co2, and a comprehensive fertilizer regimen. You can rig up a DIY CO2 generator if you don't want to invest in a pressurized system. Regardless of CO2, I'm not sure what light intensity (PAR) you're actually getting. Anyways, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom