Newsletter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread was moved to it's current forum.

Yes, I get the same thing Bett. I use AOL, and I am wondering if it is an integration problem. I will try later to sign up using IE6 and see how it goes and post back.

When does the script give you this error message?

Does it give it to you before you can enter your e-mail address?

Does it do it after you click submit?

I have 4 other people on the list currently.

Should you not be able to sign up via the webpate you can sign up by sending an e-mail message as instructed below

• Send an e-mail to newsletter@aquariumadvice.com and in the subject place the following two items subscribe Site_Updates Do not put anything else in the subject or the body of the message.

If all else fails you can send me a PM and give me the e-mail account you want the newsletter to go to and I will subscribe you manually.

Must be AOl, it let me subscribe with IE6. It would give me the error message after clicking submit. It would take a minute, but it would eventually give me the error message:
Web Site Not Responding
The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server.

Please try again by clicking the Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time.

504 Connection Timed Out
It is an AOL error message, rather than a IE message, I think aol's browser, just won't let you wait as long as it takes to subscribe.

Yes its an AOL browser problem.

The script goes out and verifies your e-mail address and this process can take a while.

AOL must decide its waited long enough and pops up that sever not responding message.

I will put a msg on the signup page about AOL and the alternate method.

Thanks for brining this to my attention.

The funny thing is, I signed up via AOL (with an alternate email addy), got the same message, but got the confimation email to that alternate addy. I have yet to receive the confimation email from signing up with IE....

I see you signed up under your aquariumadvice account. I do not see any accounts waiting for activation.

Must be AOL I had the same message Web site not responding
I tried multiple times and finally got through, but never recieved a confirmation.

GOTTA LOVE AOL :x

When my kids get tired of it out it goes

EMS503

If all else fails you can send an e-mail as described above. I also added a mailto link on the newsletter singup page.

Your not subscribed until you click on the link in the verification e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom