Ni-TRITE Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I have no ammonia & no ni-TRATES how come I have some ni-TRITES?

I have had it a couple years. But recently it went threw a cycle because of a few things. I just found it weird to have nit-rites but no ammonia or ni-trates or is that a normal thing.

It most likely hasn't finished cycling yet and is still building a nitrafying bacterial colony. Keep up with your water changes and don't let your nitrites build up. Keep a close eye on them and you should soon see your nitrates show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Do you know anything about acf ? If so I just noticed mine spit up green, & she has not eaten in about a week if longer. I don`t` know if you have been seeing my past posts about her or not

Sorry. I'm not very knowledgeable on frogs. I wouldn't know where to begin. Hopefully someone will chime in with more experience. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe you cleaned a part of the filter ?

It means your get maybe bad reading for ammonia or nitrites, or that you're getting a mini cycle.

What's your nitrite reading ?

Maybe you have enough NH3 BBs but not enough NO2 BBs to complete the cycle.

Also, it is possible you got a small ammonia spike without noticing it, and now you're on the nitrite phase. Do a 50%PWC just to make sure.

Also remember to never clean the filters media under tap water.

Back
Top Bottom