Niger Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have experience with these? Any problems getting along with other fish? I'm thinking about getting a fairly young one which has been at the LFS for awhile.

I have a cleaner shrimp, he's pretty big (well over 2"), that's the one little guy I'm worried about. I have an arrow crab, but he's pretty good at defending himself.

There's also a bunch of snails, hermits, etc, but its not going to break my heart if they end up as lunch.

The big marine handbook by the guy from Lincoln makes it sound like they can work in a reef tank with caution.

Some Nigers are very passive, some will eat anything. Just like people, they have individual personalitys and will act accordingly. I had one for about 8 months (jumper) and he was a great, very passive fish. Never bothered anyone.

If you want a good passive trigger to ignore inverts try a blue-throat. I have one now for almost a year and he is great, same personality and still may catch a rowdy one, but are planktonic (sp?) feeders so they stand a good chance.

Back
Top Bottom