Nipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
While i was cleaning my tank my blood parrots started nipping at me. Is there anyway to stop them from nipping? They haven't nipped at all accept for a once and a while nip here and there, but this time they nipped at me alot.

I have the same Issue with my Male Convict......

possibly Establishing territory for Breeding.. Do you have a Breeding Pair?

Pton46 said:

I think I might have a pair..cuz only two out of 4 nipped and they hang out with eachother alot. They haven't laid any eggs and I don't know if they're old enough to, because I've had them since they were juvies. But i think they're done changing colors. So maybe they're going to?

Parrot cichlids are hybrids between gold severums and red devils i belive. They will breed and lay eggs but im almost positive they wont hatch

Parrot cichlids are hybrids between gold severums and red devils i belive. They will breed and lay eggs but im almost positive they wont hatch

Center Square for You....

You are correct the females will lay eggs but the Males are Typically Sterile.

Pton46 said:

Wow!!! You were right!!!!! She's laying eggs now!! XD

my kenyi does this, and my jack dempsey ( when i had him) would draw blood. my kenyi bites me when i invade his territory.

Back
Top Bottom