Nitrates 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
30 ppm of nitrate really isn't any big deal and very highly unlikely that is the cause of your fishes behavior.
I have had tanks with nitrate well beyond 100ppm and the fish displayed no symptoms whatsoever.
High nitrate over time has an effect on growth rate and life span and it would need to be well over 150ppm to cause such distress and probably over 200ppm to cause death.

remember for decades people kept fish with regimes that kept nitrates pretty high, more because of gaps in the science/understanding, but fish still lived and bred in those tanks.
Nitrate is probably the most worried over thing that has the least impact.

think parasites and stop worrying about the nitrate, it's fine.

edit:
ok, so it was parasites. good you found out. :)

I ordered prazipro....will be here Saturday. I'll do another water change to get rid of the bifuran.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nitrates below 40 is not usually a concern except for the people that only think, water water water. If their water is not crystal clear and 0-0 they have a panic attack.

Many species of tropical fish will eventually have problems in perpetual 30-40 ppm nitrates. Discus and many dwarf cichlids, for example.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO now!!

So after the dose of bifuran...he is out of his spot and eating. Was it the bifuran or the nitrates!!!!

Ugh

Back
Top Bottom