Nitrates disappeared?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon long FOWLR tank, with one blue damsel, 2 pajama cardinals, a hawaiian feather duster, and two blue legged hermit crabs. There is about 18 lbs of live rock. Well, I tested my water earlier, and:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
I am using a API master saltwater test kit.
The trates are gone! They were at 40 a week ago. I've done nothing except for 25% p

ForumRunner_20121227_122815.jpg

wc's every week. Any clue? Here's the tank.

I had trouble with the api test for nitrate. I got a different brand because I kept showing them at 0. With the sailifert test they were over 100.

I thought Nitrates at 0 was ok as long as Nitrites were at 0 too? According to my test my Nitrates are at 0 as well. I had let it cycled for 3 weeks got the BIG ammonia spike than got the Nitrite spike, than everything went to 0. Everything! I proceeded to put two Clown Fish in my tank, and I am adding a Six line tomorrow. I did a test tonight to make sure everything was good for the Wrasse.

Everything reads 0, but the PH which is at 8.2.

I know there's.nothing wrong with it, but just the fact that its at 0 is odd. I've always had at least 5 ppm of nitrates. I guess I'm doing something right :D

Back
Top Bottom