Nitrogen cycle complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Franky.2015

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am currently doing a fish-in cycle with a 20 gallon Freshwater tank. I am using 2 zebra danios, in which I plan on keeping after the cycle is complete. I am using the Api Master test kit. So far, the cycle has been going on for 3 months and 3 weeks. My ammonia is currently at 0 ppm. My nitrite is currently at 0ppm. And my nitrate is at 20ppm. The readings have been like this for 3 days with the nitrate increasing everyday. I came to conclusion that my nitrogen cycle is now complete. From here, what do I do before I can get more fish? Do I need to do a water change or what? Thanks.

Hello. I am currently doing a fish-in cycle with a 20 gallon Freshwater tank. I am using 2 zebra danios, in which I plan on keeping after the cycle is complete. I am using the Api Master test kit. So far, the cycle has been going on for 3 months and 3 weeks. My ammonia is currently at 0 ppm. My nitrite is currently at 0ppm. And my nitrate is at 20ppm. The readings have been like this for 3 days with the nitrate increasing everyday. I came to conclusion that my nitrogen cycle is now complete. From here, what do I do before I can get more fish? Do I need to do a water change or what? Thanks.

Sounds like you are cycled! Congrats!
It never hurts to do a water change, I would do one for sure since your nitrates are 20.
You can add a few fish at a time, but give your filter time to build its BB up to the new bioload after each time you add fish. And continue to monitor for ammonia spikes for a few days after you add the new fish.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom