NLS Cichlid Food For Saltwater Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
quick question. i have a 5 pound bucket of NLS 1mm cichlid pellets..... would that be ok to feed to my saltwater fish?

i also bought NLS flake food thats specific for saltwater..... what else should i feed them?

Home made blender mush is probably the best, followd by Rod's Food, other frozen (needs to be rinsed with RODI to drop the phosphates), freeze dried krill, etc.

It really depends on the fish. Herbivores need algae like nori (seaweed used for sushi wrap).

In most cases you want to feed sparingly. I feed the tank on Wednesday's and Saturday's with nori almost every other day.

yep. go to the supermarket and pick up small amounts of assorted fresh seafood. shrimp, scallop, squid, clam, any white fish like haddock or halibut...bring it home and put them in a food processor and make fresh fish food. you could freeze it flat in ziplocks and break off small chunks as needed.
about 10 dollars worth of seafood will last you many months.

is this for specific kind of fish?

also seems kinda messy when putting it in the tank.

messy? compared to what? store bought frozen food that's probably 20 x the price and stinks like rotten fish water?

no, all fish that eat prepared foods can and most likely will eat this.

i meant compared to pellets or flake food.

im currently feeding NLS flake food that is specific for saltwater fish.

i put it in and the fish eat it all.

i checked the ingredients of the cichlid pellets and they're identical except for "Mussel"

i just feel that fresh frozen foods are much better for the fish and the tank itself ( a lot cleaner) than any store bought stuff. i use flake as well, but only once or twice a week.

Which would you rather eat, pellets or sushi?

Gives me an excuse to buy some raw oysters!

Back
Top Bottom