No more Tek t5ho?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnyboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
Looking for some advice. So I was dead set on buying two 36" tek 4x39w fixtures for my 125 gallon tank I'm setting up and after searching endless hours on the net I found what I thought was a good deal. I ordered the lights then recieve an email stating the manufacturer had discontinued this product. Most other sites list this as discontinued as well. Does anyone know of a similar priced fixture with the same high quality reflectors? I've been told ATI fixtures are really good but they want 400$ a piece! I was only going to be paying 250$ a piece for the TEK fixtures. Anyone know of an alternative? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Where did you try buying it?

http://www.reefspecialty.com/virtue...ight-t-5-36q-light-fixture-4-x-39w-lamps.html

You might also try checking the classifieds on reef forums or Craigslist.

The issue is that high end T5HO are being replaced by LEDs, as people that are buying them tend to care more about results than price. Freshwater tends to be at the other end of the spectrum, with people tending to value price over results. This results in the mid-level fixtures like the Teks not really having a stable market.

+1 on the aquaticlife 4 bulb fixture. I just got one about 3 weeks ago and my plants are doing MUCH better. The program lets you use 2 bulbs or four bulbs at what times you want them to be. Mine is the 30". It ran me $240. Extra tip, try and get Geiseman bulbs. They are top rate. OS.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Any other suggestions? Its looking like 340$ for the 36" 4x39w aquatic life fixtures... Would it be wise to go ahead and spend the extra 60$ a fixture on the 400$ ATI fixtures? I just want a quality product that I can use for years to come...

ATI is the best fixture you can buy. I've read on other forums that an API can put out 50% more light than the next best model. But you pay for it.

Catalinaaquariums fixture have high quality reflectors in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom