No Planaria questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey. I got some planaria in my shrimp tank from one of my plants that I ordered. I was told to get some No planaria as it is shrimp safe.

I also heard it kills snails. Has anyone had experience with that?

I was thinkign of dosing my other tank (dont have planaria there) just to kill some pond snails. I was wondering how long it takes to cycle out of the tank and nto be harmfull tho? I ordered some baby mystery snails that should be comming in the next week or two. My plan was to does the tank kill the pond snails and then when my mystery snails get here but them in. But I dont want to do that if it would hurt the mystery snails.

Any advice or opinions on this would be great thanks!

Planarian does not hurt anything. Put a fish in there and he'll eat them. Feeder goldfish/guppy then take him out when gone

My understanding of planaria is that they usually show up if you're over feeding so you might cut back a little & see if that works.

I already bought the No-Planaria product. My questions were in refrence to the product killing snails.

As for overfeeding. The shrimp only get a couple pieces of shrimp food and it gets taken out of the tank after 24 hours. I very very seriously doubt I am overfeedign and the planaria showed up after a purchase of java moss.

I already bought the No-Planaria product. My questions were in refrence to the product killing snails.

As for overfeeding. The shrimp only get a couple pieces of shrimp food and it gets taken out of the tank after 24 hours. I very very seriously doubt I am overfeedign and the planaria showed up after a purchase of java moss.

Yes it can kill snails, but it may also kill your pet snails. I would not use it for that purpose. If it was me.

I'd get an Assassin Snail ?

Back
Top Bottom