Noisy Aquaclear powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Aquaclear powerhead 30 has been making alot of noise recently. Its not really a problem now, but i'm going to have to be moving the Tank into my Room soon, and its going to definitly bother me while i'm sleeping. I cleaned it out less than a month ago after all the gunk clogged the impeller, and it stopped making noise for a bit of time, but now its returned. Any Ideas on how to stop the noise? I Bought the powerhead about 7 months ago, So i doubt its still under Warrenty.

1. AC powerhead is adequately dipped into the water?
2. At least 50% pwc?
3. Floating debris occur often throughout the day? (ie pieces of plants)

Maybe you should go with a Marineland Maxi-Jet powerhead, mine has a better "strainer" so it does not get clogged as easily as my previous powerhead.

the powerhead is completly submerged, and there is alot of plant debris that I'm slowly removing through pwc's, but I cant do large amounts quickly becuase of high PH in my Tapwater.

I've noticed that when i increased the speed of the powerhead, the noise got less. I'm considering ordering a quick filter for the powerhead to stop debris from getting sucked inside.

I have a quickfilter. Its great for secondary filtration with weekly rinsing.

Back
Top Bottom