Noob-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Highlander_Girl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey fishy friends! My name is Jen

So a couple months ago I'd had a wee drink and was feeling rather jolly and told my 6 year old son I'd buy him a fish. What started out as a "oh let's buy a bowl and 1 fish" idea has now turned in to him owning a 10 gallon and me owning a 25 gallon. With heaters and filters and thermometers and a bazillion bottles of all sorts of crap to keep the fish healthy and alive. Basically I knew literally nothing about fish keeping and I've been researching till my eyes popped out. We didn't cycle his tank properly because of information the pet shop gave us. But with several water changes daily for a while we managed to not lose a single fish. I just posted a question about his cycling tank on the getting started thread. My tank has been cycling for 1 week and 2 days and it has ammonia, nitrites and nitrates in it so I'm testing daily and waiting for things to happen.

This has become quite fascinating to me. I'm getting all consumed by the hobby. But even with the good old internet I find myself asking a million questions daily. So I hope you guys will be ok with me literally spamming the heck out of y'all and asking questions. The other forum I'm on is nice but some of my questions only get one or no answers.

Anyway, nice to be here! I can't wait to learn more!

Back
Top Bottom