Noob - Lighting for my new 75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloomk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just set up a 75 gallon tank that i want to do a really nice reef setup with. It is already drilled and has an overflow setup for a sump,etc... It is an upgrade from a 15 gallon i have. I have not ransfered anything from my 15 gallon but a couple live rock (and a snail that hitched a ride).

I am trying to learn all i can. My Main question, I don't know what light i need. I would prefer to stay as cheap as i can but i also want to get something that will do what i need ( i don't want to have to replace it later). I like all the soft corals.. the hard corals i am guess ing you can buy fakes for that look the same. But the soft corals i want to be alive. Keep in mind, i am not good with the terminology so as far as i know, anything soft to the touch or anything that moves in the water is a "soft coral".. so if this is wrong please correct me.

I have heard some people say that a 4 bulb t5 HO system will be fine, others say i need a 6 bulb... but 6 bulbs are a bit spendy for my tastes.. any help would be great :)

btw, it is your typical 48 inch 75 gallon tank i think. There is debate about the size.. from top to bottom (including the trim) it is 23 1/4 inches tall.. so u tell me :) I bought it used and the lady didn't know what size it was..

Back
Top Bottom