not sure hm fm betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titolatino1970

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1. Size of tank? 20 long

2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia?0
b. Nitrite?0
c. Nitrate?5
d. pH, KH and GH? 76
e. Test kit? api master

3. Temperature?82

4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? fw

5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 month

6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?just adopted a sority betta fm hm ct st

7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? no they are the first
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? lp 6
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?river rock
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 3 caves

9. a. Filtration? hob baffled
b. Heater? yes adustable 100 watts

10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? floresent
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? not much

11. a. Water change schedule? clean everother water change in between
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?30 pc
d. Water conditioner used? aquasafe
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?with water change

12. Foods? bs hikari pellets frozen blood worms
How often are they fed? twice a day with switch up frozen food treat

13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? looks like popeye
b. Appearance of poop?normal
c. Appearance of gills?normal no sighn of sickness

14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? treated on sight of infection
b. What meds were used? jungle fungus

15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. later tonight after worh day 5 of treatment it went down a little bit but she seems fine like shes not sick should i stop treating her could that be a injury as a result of injury sorrity tank or stress from shipping it developed to days after arrival

Dirty water is one cause of pop eye. From what you put, I don't know how often and how much water you change. Also, the temp needs to be closer to 80*, or you will have health issues with them.

so your saying that partial water change 1 week and full clean the next week means dirty water i think im changing and cleaning to much i think it happend being 3 days in transit in that water my parameters are perfect im just not sure is this injury or popeye she is part of a sorrority its almost gone but should i redose i used api fungus when i first noticed it i treated everyone then she got moved to hospital and gave her a treatment its been 1 week its gone down but not cured should i treat again im on the right path but i doubt myself i treat those girls as good as my lil girls besides im not new to fish just bettas lol

You never clean your whole tank, as it kills all the good bacteria. :(

I wouldn't use the fungus meds, since popeye is not caused by a fungus. It can be caused by dirty water, fights or internal parasites. If there is an even number of female bettas, they will usually pick on one. Odd numbers are better.

Back
Top Bottom