Not sure what to do . I could use some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some help with my porcupine puffer. He will not eat anything that's really good for him like krill. He ate the krill one day last week. I just put some in there and he either just plain old ignores it or try's and spits it out. What can I do to get him to eat it besides soaking in garlic? What else is good for him?

I read somewhere on here that you mix it with something he will eat and then slowly increase the krill. Ive never actually had one but I have done a little research on them because my son wants me to get one...eventually... I'm sure one of the pro's might be more help though... good luck

I was just reading and a couple other sites recommend some other types of food... some even say krill causes some kind of lockjaw... here is a quote from one

""-Fresh Shrimp (buy maybe 2-3 large/jumbo shrimp UNCOOKED)
-Squidd (fresh or frozen, just a little bit of it. Tentacles are better than the body)
-Crabmeat (like chunks of lobster, small bits, or just crab meat/fresh or frozen)
-Live (crabs, crawfish, etc. If you want, I might be able to get some crabs from the sound and pacakge em and send em to you. Id say $5 plus shiping and u can have em, keep em in a bucket or a spare tank. A real nice treat)
That should be a good diet for yer puffer. Make sure that you leave the shell on the shrimp cuz it will help to keep his beak trimmed, and the crabs will help too.-Fresh Shrimp (buy maybe 2-3 large/jumbo shrimp UNCOOKED)""
Don't take my advise but I am definitely interested in what you find out. You can blaze a path for me...lol

Last edited:
Ok well I left the room so I wouldn't feel the urge to give him something else to eat came back and he chewed up the krill and now there is just a pile of krill parts laying on the sand. Should I give him an hour to munch on them before I take the leftovers out?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom