Not Very Good !! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylittlenemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everybody, i just happen to take notice that one of my fishes is actin really wierd. He's not eating and he stays up to the top of the tank..not swimmin nice and level either. I attached a few pics so show u's what he looks like. Most of them he's upside down...but he's still swimmin. I have no clue if he's tryin to be like my upside down catfish or not..haha...(comic relief)...anyways any opinions or what not...will be greatly appreciated.

fishylittlenemo

Attachments

• fish_001_285.jpg
    fish_001_285.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • fish_003_115.jpg
    fish_003_115.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 9
  • fish_004_966.jpg
    fish_004_966.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
Do you have a test kit?

You need to post your test results for Ammonia, NO2 and NO3

doesn't look too good, test and a pwc. It looks as though he's hangin on and needs some clean water and air. How's the airation in your tank? Surface agitation or bubble wand/stone?

I actually just got done doing a test and these were the readings:
Nitrate-60
Nitrite-0
Hardness- 300
Alkalinity- 300
PH-8.4

And I am scheduled for a pwc today also so I'll be doing that. The other fish are fine...I'm not sure what's going on wit the guy. But hopefully things work out.

Do the pwc asap, nitrates are high, did you test for ammonia? I would do 50%, IMHO. I would also reduce the level of the water to allow more aeration in the tank. What size tank and what are the other inhabitants?

Back
Top Bottom