Nudibranch? Baby Sea Slug??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STARFYRE

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed this thing crawling on my glass this morning. I can't find my camera, so I'll do my best to describe it.
About a half inch long
coloring is a purplish mauve
moves across the glass very slow
underside of the body is white and looks like a snail
end of the underside of body comes to a point
has small, thick antennae
has a bar in front of his mouth, similar to a sea hare
has several things protruding from it's body....kinda looks like porcupine needles......the things are thick; short, and have flourescent green tips that look pointy. (the tips glow under the actinic lights)
One of my seahorses was investigating it, and it expelled a clear mucousy substance.
Any ideas???

Thanx for responding guys. I really appreciate it. I looked thru a hitchiker guide, and I believe it may be an aeolid nudibranch. It preys on zoas. I took him and threw him in the QT. He's pretty cool lookin, so I didn't want to get rid of him. There's no zoas in my QT, and it didn't say if he was destructive in any other way, so I figure it should be OK in there till it dies.
It doesn't look like the one you posted, Roka. But it's def some type of zoa eating nudibranch. I just bought a new patch of zoas this week, so I'm sure it hitched in with them. There's nothing in the QT except some LR, so it should be fine in there.

Back
Top Bottom