Oceanic Biocube 14 gallon ~ Advice!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ms_debs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just tried to get this tank up and running for my son. There are three compartments in the back and the one on the far left is where the pump goes but there is a min and max fill line. If I get the water down to the max line, it just pumps out all the water. The water level is about 2-3 inches above the max line and it seems to be running fine.
I don't want there to be any electrical issues for my children so I was hoping someone with more tank experience could give me their advice.
Should there be filters or sand or anything in those back compartments? It was given to us so I don't have any instructions for it.
I'm not making it salt water, just a starter with some mollies, guppies or neons to get my kids interested (they are only 4 and 2)
Thanks in advance.
Debbie:D

Welcome to AA.

What you have is a tank is usually used for saltwater applications, but it'll be fine for freshwater.

The compartments in the back are used for filter media. Are usually sponge, ceramic media, and carbon.

Back
Top Bottom