Ocellaris clownfish hasn't eaten for 2 weeks, lethargic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

makii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone:

This is my first post in this forum so please excuse me if I don't explain this situation well. Also, I'm from Japan so my english might not be perfectly understandable.

My husband and I have had our ocellaris clownfish for more than three years now, and she stopped eating about 3 weeks ago. She's pretty small, about 3.5 centimeters. Her tank is about 70L. Only tank mate is peppermint shrimp. Water condition is excellent. We do regular water changes.

We are not amatures but we aren't experts either. Our fish has been a very aggressive eater the whole 3 years that we have had her. She doesn't have any sign of disease right now except for the lethargy, no appetite, faded color.

We have tried to feed her everything available. Literally everything. She swims up to it and then swims away. Most of the time she just sits at the bottom of the tank in one place.

We love her as much as anybody would love their dog or cat or perhaps even more. We really need some ideas as to what could be the problem. I have to avoid looking at her these days because seeing her like this makes me cry everytime. What could be the disease or problem? Please help.

You could try some live brine shrimp. The movement of the brine shrimp might trigger something. But i hope everything goes ohk and welcome to AA.

Thank you for your reply...

She actually has some tiny plankton? in her tank but I saw her catch it and then spit it back out again...But maybe she would react differently to brine shrimp.

Live foods are the best option in this case but if that's too difficult to get hold of you may try soaking her food in water with a garlic clove for an hour or so. I wouldn't try that with live but it seems to help increase the appetite/desire to eat when using frozen foods.

Thank you for your help...

We are trying to give her brine shrimp right now, but she still isn't interested. We haven't tried the garlic way yet, so we'll try that soon. Can we put pellets in garlic? Or what type of food should we soak in garlic? In Japan, maybe garlic isn't that popular way, but I often see it mentioned in english forum.

Back
Top Bottom