Ocellatus Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a pair of Ocellatus Gold home. I've got five shells, a good sand bed, and a 10g tank. Do they jump? I had the lights out for the night, heard a noise that could have been an attempted jump or a large air bubble, looked at the tank and saw that the female was swimming funny. I rushed over and turned on the lights. The female was on the bottom, upside but still breathing. I left for a bit and when I returned the female was gone, likely in the largest shell. Is that behavior normal? Should I be worried about her? What could have caused it?

Okay, it's been a couple of days. I can't be sure which of the two it was, because whichever one it was is hiding in the shell, and has yet to come out. The other one is currently moving the sand around its shell, but it still hides inside its shell.

I lost the one that was hiding in it's shell. I was also lucky enough that the third one was still in the store. The one that I thought was female is currently enjoying the Julies hospitality. I'm fairly certain that they did not get any females in, one make was just a bit smaller then the other two, which also explains their behavior.

Back
Top Bottom