Oddball feature clips.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whynitica

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here's some clips of my shrimp, featuring my cherry red bamboo shrimp. I love this guy. For the first 8 months or so, I never saw him. He hid all the time. Suddenly, he started to explore and be more assertive around the tank. What a character! He'll hang upside down or at times, walk around. He looks like a big bug when he walks. Pretty weird. His colors are intense. (unfortunately the two clips I have of him here don't do him justice in terms of his color.) He eats microscopic food particles and will ignore anything larger. The first clip is of the underside of him eating. Pretty rare shot. Notice also the white spots on his side. They remind of the marking on the cocoon of a monarch butterfly. The last 2 clips are of my ghost shrimp. The male, 2 years old now, has a body alone measuring over 2 inches.

This next clip is of my horseface loaches (Ding and Dong). They are usually together and often times, side by side; hence their names. They need some acting lessons. They get very stiff in front of the camera.

YouTube - Horseface loaches: "Ding and Dong"

Last but I no way least, my tribute video. This is a video of my plecostomus that died (the only casualty I've had amongst the larger of my tropical fish since I set up this tank in 2007). He was a voracious eater. One day, he figured out how to eat food directly from the top of the water. I'm pretty sure that it was the sudden change of diet that killed him. He was active and healthy one minute and dead the next. He was my favorite of my plecos. He'll be missed.

YouTube - In Remembrance of Mr. Pleco

Back
Top Bottom