Oddysea canister. Boo!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
image-3432634219.jpg

This thing is a pain in the proverbial. :banghead:
I would advise that anyone contemplating one, steer clear of it.
It sucks air in so that I end up with only enough water in it to reach halfway up the the second sponge on the bottom! It doesn't look like that pic now by the way- I took out a large sponge and put matrix and noodles in there. I can tak a pic now because you can't see squat because of all the CONDENSATION inside!! Argh.
Interestingly, the water level is about where the top of the pump is. It still hammers out a good flow, but its only running through 10% of my media :(

Odyssea has a horrendous reputation, but is it possible that you just have it set up incorrectly?

Thats either a big filter or a very small bottle next to it. Odyssea is a pretty bad company all around from reviews

Thats either a big filter or a very small bottle next to it. Odyssea is a pretty bad company all around from reviews

Oh its a big one alright. That's a 2 litre bottle of vinegar beside it :)
It had been a bit dodgy from the beginning- leaking from one of the valves, but I got that sorted and it was running fine for about a month. I took all the media out last night, cleaned it, lubricated the o ring etc, but no improvement :(
I have no recourse as the trader I purchased it from is dreadful to deal with. When he actually chooses to deal with you.

I will stick to the sunsun in future- they have been faultless.

Back
Top Bottom