oh no, I've messed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BrianNY said:
Here's my take. If ich is present, it's possible that the plants need to be treated as well. The parasite has a free swimming stage and can attach itself to anything in the aquarium.

I will raise the temp in the plant tank, too. It may be a new plant that introduced it into the tank in the first place.

Even though your plants may have some of the ich on them, it will not survive without a fish to grab on to and multiply. This means that after the whole cycle of ich, they will die off due to not being able to find a host. That being said, I would raise the temp in the plant tank as well, just to be safe and speed up the recovery.

I was told when I was going through the ich disaster, that it is present in all the fish, except their immunity to it is enough to not make it an epidemic. If something happens to the equilibrium of the tank, say a fluctuation in pH or something else to stress the fish out, this ich will then be able to get a foothold and need to be treated at that point.

Back
Top Bottom