OH NO! MY GOBY HAS A SEVERE HEAD INJURY!! HELP PLEASE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMaiden

Aquarium Advice Freak
That place between sleeping and awake, where drea
I need help fast. I just put two bubble curtains in my tank a few days ago. Well my dragon goby loved them right away swimming through all those bubbles and being quite playful. Last night I found him lying on his side, his head is swollen to the point his eyes are almost covered, and a tooth is missing from the top row. My first guess is that he took one of his stellar leaps out of the water and straight into the hood. The big streak through algea on the light cover confirms this. Not to mention his knocked out tooth. What do I do!!??? How do I get the swelling down? I can't bear to lose him. My violet goby is a year old this past Feb. Poor guy mustve gotten over excited because of the bubbles. :( Anyone with any advice please, I've isolated him and am treating him with melafix and aquarium salts, I can't think of anything else I can do. HELP!!!!

I think you've already done the best thing by isolating him and treating with melafix and salts.

The only things extra I have to add is to do small frequent water changes - every day if possible. Also, provide the fish with some cover to hid in and avoid bright light. These things will help reduce stress so the fish can expend all its energy on healing.

You'd be amazed at the injuries that fish can survive if they are in generally good health and are given a stress-free environment to heal. Hope your goby pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom