okay gang, let's have that 2 wpg discussion/maybe challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
who is willing to take their highlight tank and give it a try. Tom swears by it.. gotta tell you, it is tempting. Imagine a beautiful pearling tank and NORMAL growth, scapes that last.

of course I want company for trying this.

Who wants to try the 2wpg challenge for their highlight tanks/Weeds?

I'm on it Sherry, in my 20 gallon high and my 75 as well. 20 gallon has been running like this for a couple of months, everything is doing very well. That said, there are none of the more challenging plants in there yet, wanted to wait till I got the tank balanced with the lower light. I have just introduced my favorite plant/magor pain Rotala Mac, it's doing well after a week and a half.
It's tough to turn the lights down, I am a total high light junkie. I think there is nothing more beautiful than the glow and colour of 4 to 5 WPG, I've ran 6 for a while. Hold on with both hands, set up a sleeping bag beside your tank so you can dose every couple of hours and your all set!
If I can get good growth and colour from running lower light, I'm all for it. Never really tried it till now. I'd love my scapes to last more than a week as well. :)

Does this count... it's about 2wpg? 4ft T8s... I'm no aquascaper, and I only spend about 1/2 hour a week changing h20, fert's 2x weekly.

IMG_7913small.JPG

it is a lovely tank.. but it has traditionally low-light plants from the look at it.. I want to do this with toninas and other "difficult" and "high light" plants.. and I don't want to do it on my own.

glenc Tom swears mac does best in 2 watts per gallon. I suspect since there seems to be some kind of mystery element that makes it thrive that this is better than high because it doesn't use up nutrients as quickly.

Back
Top Bottom