Old/new 30g (ram?) build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here pretty soon, like within the next few weeks (hopefully sooner!) I'm going to be starting up an old 30g in my room. Definitely gonna be planted with sand substrate (now I know I can do planted lol). Fish wise... In on the fence. I'm thinking I may make this a Bolivian ram tank and give breeding a try or maybe even do a cichlid tank or a community tank. Which way do you guys think I should go?

I've akways loved rams! In a healthy tank I'd love to see one ram and a mixed community!

That's basically how my 55g is, I have a Bolivian ram in with platies, ruby barbs, SAE's, a spotted Raphael catfish and a BN pleco.

I'd do a nice planted community tank with two rams as the showcase. Rams always appreciate some dither fish around to help curb any excess shyness. You could easily do 2 rams, 8-10 rummynose tetra, 8-10 cardinal tetra, and a honey gourami. I'm also a big fan of the smaller peaceful barbs as a schooling fish too, particularly snakeskin (or rhomb) barbs, checker barbs, and 5-banded barbs.

I'd do a nice planted community tank with two rams as the showcase. Rams always appreciate some dither fish around to help curb any excess shyness. You could easily do 2 rams, 8-10 rummynose tetra, 8-10 cardinal tetra, and a honey gourami. I'm also a big fan of the smaller peaceful barbs as a schooling fish too, particularly snakeskin (or rhomb) barbs, checker barbs, and 5-banded barbs.

I have black ruby barbs in my 55 and love them. Still insure of what I'll end up doing.

Back
Top Bottom