On a overflow sump system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you mean the drain? where should it wind up in the sump? it doesn't really matter as long as it's below the water i guess.

Thats what i thought.. Cause if its ate the top of the overflow box then there is alot of standing water that isnt being moved around. But if its at the bottom of thr box theres less chance of standing water right?

Thats what i thought.. Cause if its ate the top of the overflow box then there is alot of standing water that isnt being moved around. But if its at the bottom of thr box theres less chance of standing water right?
there's not going to be standing water. what size return pump are you using?

Its a fauntain pump like 1/2 hp i think? In my overflow box i have a intake pipe that i can move up and down and a return that had 2 heads on it to put the water back in.. I was just wondering what level the intake should be at

Got a lil sand storm since i just set it up

Attachments

• image-4178295507.jpg
    image-4178295507.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 54
The picture is of it at the bottom and if i raise it the box gets more full.. The more full the more standing water since the intake cant stuck it up right?

oh...the standpipes you mean. that's up to you. the higher they are the less waterfall noise you'll hear. i've always ran mine close to the top and have never had a problem at the bottom of the overflows. as a matter of fact, lots of pods and fan worms grow down there, so there isn't a problem of standing water.

Back
Top Bottom