Online ordering plant mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusedfishmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm a dummy and placed a large order for aquatic plants from aquariumplants.com (first time ordering online). I misread their shipping dates and was expecting plants to arrive today but they are going to arrive (most likely) after I've left town (for 3 days). Has anyone ordered from this group before? I'm wondering if they will come set up where I could ask a neighbor to set them on my counter top until I return or am I going to have to ask my neighbor to wash these plants and put them in an aquarium for me? Ugh so frustrated with myself. Here's my list:
3 Java fern
2 Limnophila hippuroides
3 Anubias barteri var nana potted
3 Anubias nana
2 Java moss cup
6 Sword Amazon
3 Tiger lotus red

Any advice? What would you do if you had all of these plants arriving at your home (outside temp 90+ degrees) while you're gone for 2-3 days?

Been there, done that. Same company.
Thought I could save on shipping by ordering X amount of plants. My lighting and setup was not suitable for a majority of the plants and, after a year, I only had 2-3 of the dozen plus different species I ordered.
I would make sure that the order was retrieved from the outdoors and stored at room temperature until you can plant them. I've had shipments up to a week late (lost in transit for several days) with no incident. The plants you've listed are pretty hardy.

Should be fine. Those are some great plants. Youll be happy. By the quantity I hope ya got big big tank. Six swords wow...

Thanks for the feedback! I have MTS [emoji12]....4 tanks and one is a new decent sized 75g tank so I'm stocking it up. I hated paying pet store prices so decided to try something new. I was hoping they'd be hardy enough to last a few days but wasn't sure.

Remember no pics... They don't exist!

Happy planting and let us know how it goes.

I'll add some pics after I plant them... hopefully they're still in decent shape after I return. :)

Back
Top Bottom