Online retailers that ship to Canada?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dekz

Aquarium Advice Activist
As with basically everything else, it seems that online stores have the best prices, however a lot of them charge ridiculous shipping prices to Canada. A very popular one that I've seen is Drs. Foster and Smith, but as far as I can tell, they don't ship to Canada at all, you can't even choose it as an option.

So are there any Canadians on here that regularly buy aquarium supplies online? What are the best places?

BigAls has mail order to Canada. <It actually is Canadian owned.> However, since it has bricks & mortar stores in Canada, the internet prices in Can$ is higher than US$ (even accounting for exchange.) But if you have a Big Al's in town, you save shipping.

MOPS is a Canadian site (out of ONT). This has very competitive prices & has good reviews on the net. <I have no personal experience with this.>

J&L Aquatics out of Vancouver has good stuff, but pricier. They also have livestock. < http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/mainpage.php >

For fish & coral, I would like to recommend Gold Aquarium in Calgary. < Gold Aquariums - Canada's Premier Cichlids Source > They ship Canada wide although I usu. just drive the 3 hours to the shop. The quality of the livestock is excellent (from what I can see in the shop). Prices are reasonable, and they can get you stuff. <Email them if you don't see what you want on the net .... they have more stuff than advertised on the net.>

<BTW, Dr F&S will ship to Canada, you just have to email them. However, they only ship FedEx next day (tax/duty prepaid) which costs $100 min :( >

Last edited:
bigalsonline.ca has been good for me, it's cheaper then local prices and I usually get the stuff I order in 4 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom