open brain coral wont open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

special lighting

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday i bought an open brain coral, and it fully opened after 3 hours. I moved it a little before i turned of lights yesterday and ofcourse it closed. Now it doesn't want to fully open. Second pic is right now. First is yesterday

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130521_144211.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130521_144211.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20130521_144230.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130521_144230.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
It might take a couple days for it to adapt to the water and lighting. Its a nice looking coral, hope it does well. Its not in too much light is it? I have a green one that my clowns host instead of my BTA.
img_2484423_0_380774ac6cd8f1d86b75a3ff74ac0faf.jpg

paul87 said:
It might take a couple days for it to adapt to the water and lighting. Its a nice looking coral, hope it does well. Its not in too much light is it? I have a green one that my clowns host instead of my BTA.

Thanks for answering :) yea i really like it!! My lighting is t5ho and i only have 4 bulbs on all day. :) ohh wow thats pretty cool! Hope my clown hosts it aha

My open brain did similar acts when I fist got it. It adjusted after a couple weeks. Now when it closes up I know to find the reason. Lately the conch has been moving it around and it pointed out a need for a water change once as well.

Sniperhank said:
My open brain did similar acts when I fist got it. It adjusted after a couple weeks. Now when it closes up I know to find the reason. Lately the conch has been moving it around and it pointed out a need for a water change once as well.

Nice yea i saw it this morning and it looks meatier :) hopefully its adjusting well!

Back
Top Bottom