Opinions? Aquafarm bettabowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Self-cleaning fish tank that grows food.Fish waste feeds the plants while plants clean the water. Includes organic seeds and a discount coupon for a betta fish for 99 cents. 3.3gallon capacity. It's retailing for like 45$. Seems pretty cool, awesome idea.
Also they claim, you never need a water change. :l

Attachments

• image-301603708.jpg
    image-301603708.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2936352340.jpg
    image-2936352340.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2257725108.jpg
    image-2257725108.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2183007032.jpg
    image-2183007032.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 80
that is quite interesting! i would change the water still once a week just to make sure little betta is still a happy betta !
Did you buy this or just thinking about it ?

that is quite interesting! i would change the water still once a week just to make sure little betta is still a happy betta ! Did you buy this or just thinking about it ?
I'm thinking about it. I also have 2 house rabbits, so they would love to munch on some cilantro/ mint/ parsley. Seems like a nice window ceil setup in the kitchen. We all win, I get another tank, and the girlfriend can't say jack because I'm growing veggies for the buns! Haha! >=]

touche! very good idea if you pick this up post pics for us to see! like to see the final product " happy wife happy life "

Goodluck!

and as for my knowledge on how well it would actually work! i cant really see how the water or moisture is guna make it up that tube to feed all the roots in your little plants ! ide water them naturally all the time just to be on the safe side aswell !

atleast thats what my common sence is trying to tell me :) correct me if i am wrong :)
Cheers

and as for my knowledge on how well it would actually work! i cant really see how the water or moisture is guna make it up that tube to feed all the roots in your little plants ! ide water them naturally all the time just to be on the safe side aswell ! atleast thats what my common sence is trying to tell me :) correct me if i am wrong :) Cheers
the tube that runs down actually has. Smaller tube in it that isn't as long, so it acts as a "air lift" forcing the water up without causing commotion. Pretty smart.. Haha I cannot lie.
As for the quote it couldn't of been out any better! Haha

wow that seems awsome ! let me know how it goes ! for 50$ why not try it out :)

Very cool! Believe it or not you probably would not need any water changes. Emmersed plants naturally filter water in a very purifying way. Its a controversial subject butbhas been done with great success!

My friend and I were just talking the other day about doing a system like this with venus fly traps since betta food is common food for them and they like humidity. We were scratching our heads trying to figure out a DIY way to set something like it up... Nice to see someone already built a ready made system for it! Thanks for sharing :) !

Very cool! Believe it or not you probably would not need any water changes. Emmersed plants naturally filter water in a very purifying way. Its a controversial subject butbhas been done with great success!

You would need to do water changes still because it is such a small tank.

Water changes would still be needed, albeit that need may be somewhat reduced because of the plants. While they "filter" most of what we can test for, they don't remove many chemical substances that fish produce.

If you do decide to purchase this, I'd be very interested in knowing how it goes.... it may be time for a desk tank at work. :)

Water changes would still be needed, albeit that need may be somewhat reduced because of the plants. While they "filter" most of what we can test for, they don't remove many chemical substances that fish produce. If you do decide to purchase this, I'd be very interested in knowing how it goes.... it may be time for a desk tank at work. :)
I was 100% sure water changes would be needed, but I thought maybe bit AS often. Also would it be a okay size for a betta to live in happily?

I was 100% sure water changes would be needed, but I thought maybe bit AS often. Also would it be a okay size for a betta to live in happily?

I think so. The only issue I could see is a lack of light eliminating live plants in the tank, but silk plants would suffice for a betta.

Just some input on this, I've looked at the reviews on these on Amazon (I think) and people were having some problems. But it still looks like a good idea, and maybe they had little experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom