Opinions on tank sizes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Over recent weeks/months iv read a lot ppl talking about minimum tank sizes for certain species mainly a common pleco and everybody seems to b in agreement that a common pleco needs 125g minimum, but I was wondering, wouldn't for example a 6ft 100g be better than say a 4 ft 125g or in other cases such as zebra danios would a 20g long not b better than a 30g tall and so on and so on? Just curious on ppl's thoughts =D

I agree! Sometimes its more about swimming room than just...water volume.
I've read in many places that angelfish can be kept in a minimum 30 gallon OR 20 gallon high. Bc they prefer tank height.

Over recent weeks/months iv read a lot ppl talking about minimum tank sizes for certain species mainly a common pleco and everybody seems to b in agreement that a common pleco needs 125g minimum, but I was wondering, wouldn't for example a 6ft 100g be better than say a 4 ft 125g or in other cases such as zebra danios would a 20g long not b better than a 30g tall and so on and so on? Just curious on ppl's thoughts =D

I agree ... with most species we deal with, its the Length & Width of a tank that's more important than the Height in terms of swimming area for fish.

Back
Top Bottom