Orange worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
Should I get this off my toadstool leather? The polyps haven't opened for 3 days and I've just see this...
I assume its a feather duster but I'm unsure if its good or bad for the coral

image-512311238.jpg

It looks like a bristleworm. Normally harmless, but it looks like there is a hole in your leather. That doesn't appear to be good at all! I'd get it out if its eating that portion of the leather.

If there isn't a hole in your leather, as the picture eludes to, the leather could just be shedding its outer layer of tissue. They do this sometimes, and it can last several days.

Thanks but there isn't a hole in the leather,

It defo isn't a bristle worm, it's bright orange and has a feather duster type fan at the rear end, I watched it crawl over the leather,

Oh right! It was defo on the move, I watched it move all over, seems to be settled next to another one now

Def in the feather duster family. I've seen crawling and swimming through the water like a worm. If you haven't move it yet I would just move it to the bottom and it will find its happy place.

Anaolutefaye, you are my hero...

That link has the exact same worm as I've got. I'll get more pics when the sun comes up,yes there is defo more than one, possibly 3
I'll keep you posted
Thanks again

Fan worms and feather duster works are all also bristle worms. If its irritating the leather, just move it, but I don't think it is actually harming it.

Back
Top Bottom