Orca tl450

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked at one of these before I decided on the nano cube hqi. It seemed a good starter tank although there was something I just didn't like about it. Its not very friendly on the eye if you ask me! It looks way too top heavy on the stand. This clearly is not an important reason not to get it although mine is in my lounge so wanted something that would be cosmetically sound. The mh lighting on the nano is also a big plus.

In my opinion the red sea max raises the bar on the cube tanks but you pay for it! It gives you that extra bit more water volume which makes it a bit more forgiving as a beginner tank. I was so close to getting one but in the end decided to save the money and spend it on making my nano cube better. It is also a bit bigger if you have space issues.

Yes it all depends whether you want a new or used one. Personally there is nothing like unwrapping a brand new tank! There is also no risk of any nasties coming with it although with a proper clean you should be ok. About the only thing you will have trouble cleaning off is copper so it is worth checking with the seller that they have never used copper based treatments. As for the red sea the only downside to it is the lighting. As long as you don't want to keep things like clams and the most light demanding SPS corals the lighting is more than enough. To be fair there are always upgrades you can add anyway but you would have to lose the lid.

Thanks, think I'm gonna go for a cheaper option and stick with the orca, I haves new tank that was given to me but it would coat too much getting it all setup so going or nano for the time being thanks again

Back
Top Bottom