Ordered a Gold Nugget Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Another Fish Guy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Called my LFS today and placed my order for the GN pleco that will replace my common pleco. My tank is 60 gallons with community fish. I am SO excited for this fish...I can't wait to get him!!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They re great looking Plecos . Mine was shy tho. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From what I've read online...about 6" max.

I really wanted a show piece fish and I think this will provide that wow factor I want.

Or you could shell out $300 or so for a Zebra! Someday :).....

Paid $30 for the one I had. He was in with 3 fancy GF, which are food hounds. Think he didn t get enough to eat being shy & all. The Bristlenose in there is doing fine but she s more assertive about eating.

That s a good price. Most I saw were $50 or more.

Did you ever get the pleco? Post pics plz if you did. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not yet. I called my LFS yesterday and they haven't been able to find one. I can't even find an online retailer that has any in stock.

They are awesome but a word of advice would be to make sure your water is pristine at all times and i wouldn't put any more plecs with him, it normally ends in tears!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Make sure it is the L18 variety which has a max of about 20cm. The L81 and L177(?) grow much bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

He would be the only pleco I get for sure. I only have one common pleco now which I'll trade in for partial store credit towards the GN.

I'm not worried about the water conditions; they are always perfect...especially with weekly WC, sometimes twice a week.

My only real concern is that every time I add fish...my tank goes through a mini cycle. That may be due to me adding too many fish at once though. Last time I added fish, I added two Corys and 10 Neon Tetras.

Back
Top Bottom