Ordering fish supplies from ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
Some of the stuff I want for my tanks can't be found around here. I thought about ordering things off of ebay and maybe amazon. Is this a good idea? I know a lot of stuff on ebay comes from China. Also, thought about upgrading my filters but everything I have been looking for is out of my budget. I've tried craigslist but people are wanting close to retail prices for used filters.

I order absolutely everything online. Local stores are expensive, even Petco and Petsmart

I like Amazon and Drs Foster and Smith. I've seen others recommend Ken's Fish (kensfish.com I think)

You of have to be careful. Expensive and critical components I make sure to buy name-brand and from sites that will take returns. I got my filter and co2 regulator from amazon for example. Then there is stuff like filter media replacements, diffusers, plants, ferts, stuff like that I get wherever I can, mostly from eBay. Just don't focus on the cheapest price, and look where the item comes from as a guide

Back
Top Bottom