Oscar with my current stock?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I just inhereted 2 Oscars and would like to know if I can keep it with my current stock.
2 BP Cichlids
2 Plecos
2 Angels
2 Rainbows
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Eclipse Cat
1 Fire Eel
1 Bichir
1 Dwarf Gourami
I would assume the Oscars would kill most of my fish but I'm just checking for sure. What do you guys think?? And could a large Tinfoil Barb work too or would he try to eat my fish?

I think the oscar would kill most of them and know it would most likely kill the DG. I think tinfoil barbs get enormous but I dont know much about them...

GodFan said:
I think the oscar would kill most of them and know it would most likely kill the DG. I think tinfoil barbs get enormous but I dont know much about them...

Will he eat my fish??

I also agree that an oscar would be a bad tankmate for your current inhabitants. I have not owned tinfoil barbs, but I know they will eat small fish. The dg is the only guy who would perhaps be bite sized though, and that depends on how big the tinfoil barb is.

absolutangel04 said:
I also agree that an oscar would be a bad tankmate for your current inhabitants. I have not owned tinfoil barbs, but I know they will eat small fish. The dg is the only guy who would perhaps be bite sized though, and that depends on how big the tinfoil barb is.

He's about 6 inches so I think his mouth is to small to fit any of my fish in except maybe my Fire Eel.

Hey guys I just inhereted 2 Oscars and would like to know if I can keep it with my current stock.
2 BP Cichlids
2 Plecos
2 Angels
2 Rainbows
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Eclipse Cat
1 Fire Eel
1 Bichir
1 Dwarf Gourami
I would assume the Oscars would kill most of my fish but I'm just checking for sure. What do you guys think?? And could a large Tinfoil Barb work too or would he try to eat my fish?

What size tank do you have? I would have to enormous to fit all those fish

Back
Top Bottom