Oscars breeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 125 gallon in my living room with 2 tiger Oscars. Now I just recently bought them . I bought an 8-9 inch one on Monday and the bigger one I just got today. I got them both from different breeders. Now the smaller Oscar is following/chasing the bigger one. The smaller one is always right by the bigger Oscar. Now there both also new to the tank. Right now I just saw them both lip lock for a couple seconds. Is it possible that there breeding? Now remember the small Oscar is always chasing the bigger one so I'm assuming the smaller one is the male and the bigger one is the female.
Could anyone give me some advice please?
Thank you.

lm not an expert on fish breeding or oscars, but my two convicts did the same thing, they are always together, and they lip locked for a few minuets. But after that nothing happened they didn't seem to laying any eggs. I would just keep an eye on the them, they could just be getting used to each other or they could be breeding. Hope this helped!

Back
Top Bottom