Other Fish with 10 Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamandan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29 gallon aquarium with 10 tiger barbs (somewhat aggressive) and a cory. What other fish could I put in there that could hold their own with 10 tigers barbs? Looking for some nice, colorful fish.

A single cory?

They do best in group, preferably around 6.

I'd suggest getting him some pals before I add anything else!

I'll probably add one more but just don't want to waste my aquarium space on catfish. The lone cory has done fine, he holds his own against the tiger barbs.

My tiger barbs get along fine with black skirt tetras and danios, or you could mix in other tiger barbs.

I'll probably add one more but just don't want to waste my aquarium space on catfish. The lone cory has done fine, he holds his own against the tiger barbs.

You really need to add more cories ASAP or he/she will not last long. You're not wasting space adding more. They have a small bio load. Just because he looks fine doesn't mean he's fine. Very social fish who needs companions. That's kind of torture having just one.

How long has this lonely cory lived in your tank for? With 10 barbs in a 29g I don't think there is any room in the middle/top part of the tank, so adding more cories is really the best option. Maybe a pair of German blue rams or another small cichlid like a festivum or keyhole.

Ya
1 Cory is definitely not good. Cories r community fish and love being kept in a group of at least 3.
I wouldn't put more fish in ( other than the cories ). Each tiger barb will grow to about 2-3". So u have reached the max amount of top/middle dwelling fish.

Back
Top Bottom